Sunday, January 17, 2010

Football and Earthquakes!


My Raider and my Saint!



Another week has gone by and the boys are continuing right where they left off. Hunter played more of a defensive game this week by grabbing 3 interceptions (running one back for a touchdown). His coach is trying to keep the scoring about the same for each boy so Hunter didn't get the ball as much on offense. I over heard the coaches talking about Hunter "reading the quarterback/play" and they said that you can't teach a kid that, they just pick it up on their own. So I was telling Hunter what they said after the game and he started crying. He told me that he didn't know it was a pass play, he was just going for the quarterback and he happened to throw it. He thought that "reading the play" was a bad thing and he was in trouble. After I tried to explain it, he felt a little better. I'm sure Joe could have explained it better but I did my best.


Brody is taking after Uncle Mike by playing center, and loving it!! He told me if he plays center, he always gets to touch the ball. I think I have to work with him on his stance. Most of the time before he hikes the ball, he has his feet spread, ball on the ground, head on the ball, looking through his legs and shaking his butt. I didn't get a picture of it but it happened almost every play. He did end up getting the ball and running right up the middle for a TD. I have no idea how he made it through without getting his flags pulled but he made it.

Brody scoring a TD

Playing center

Pulling flags


I'm sure most of you didn't know, but Okinawa had an earthquake on Friday evening (8:08 pm to be exact). I was at a neighbor's house watching all the kids when I felt it. None of the kids felt it (actually Brody said he did but not until the next day so I don't think he really felt it) It was a 5.3 on the scale. There was no damage, not even one glass fell off the shelf! My ceiling did hold up throughout the shaking- so if it isn't going to fall in an earthquake, I think I am safe the rest of the tour here.

Just about to score the TD (I just figured out how to edit my pictures on my camera (zoom in)).

Joe should be home next week for about 3-4 weeks then he is off for a long time. Talk to you all next week.