Saturday, January 9, 2010

Flamingos and Football!!

Football season is upon us again but this year both boys are playing. Hunter has made a huge improvement from last year. He has his game face on and is ready to go every play. He was able to play most of the game at various positions and had fun. It is great to watch him out there. You can tell he knows the game and is able to figure out what to do when a play doesn't go as planned. He is able to find and open player or get open himself. Today, he was fortunate enough to get the ball a lot and was able to score 3 TD's.




Brody is also playing this year for the first time. I really thought he would be the one on the sideline, playing with the water jug or picking blades of grass. I couldn't have been more wrong. He is a competitor. He listens to the coach and does exactly what he is told. If someone is in his way, he pushes them out of the way and keeps going. The boys played at the same time today so I was having to bounce between fields. I was very lucky in that when I got to Bordy's field (close enough to take pics) he got the ball and ended up running for a touchdown!! He even spiked the ball when he was done (no penalty, thank goodness!!) Of course, he was excited the team won but was really more concerned with what was brought for snack! I guess the competitive edge doesn't last forever!






Finally, Flamingos!! I was flocked!! I woke up Tuesday morning to find 10 flamingos aligning my front walkway. The local church youth group was doing a fundraiser and my neighbor paid money for them to place the flamingos in my yard. The boys were excited to see them but mad that they were only staying for 24 hours. How come when I was in youth group, we never did things like that?!


No comments: