Sunday, January 3, 2010

Brody's Birthday

Pinata at the party

Cupcake soccer ball

Well, I survived another birthday party and let me tell you, I am done with parties. They are too much work, especially around the holidays. Brody had a good time and was very excited about the entire day. He ended up having everyone come, including some siblings, which I had no idea were coming until they got to the door!! Of course, it rained and all the games were going to be played outside! So, we had an indoor crab soccer game with a beach ball and pin the ball in the goal. It finally cleared enough to have the pinata outside, only to have one of the kids take a swing before Joe could get it set up. Let's just say, the boy sat in a "time out" during the hitting of the pinata. The cake was cupcakes and the extra ones I made into a soccer ball. I think Brody enjoyed his day and I am glad it is over!!

Brody making his wish.
Gift from Uncle Mike and Aunt Christie

Christmas was very mellow for us. We stayed inside all day (it rained all day too) and played with all the new toys the boys got! Nothing too exciting to report on Christmas day, just some good ole' family time.
Playing with gift from Nana and Opa (Gretchen's parents)

For New Year's Eve, Joe and I (kids too) had a progressive dinner with some friends. Thank goodness I have a condemned ceiling because no one wanted to come to our house in case it did fall (actually, we live the farthest away from all the houses so we didn't have to host.) It was fun. The evening ended with a movie in the driveway of one of the houses (he brought a projector home and hung up a sheet and we watched a movie under the stars!) Of course, if you talk to my kids, the highlight of the day was not the progressive dinner, it was mom getting pulled over by PMO (military police)that afternoon. Apparently, he said I was going 52km in a 35km. Now here is my problem, I was in Joe's car. I don't think it can even go that fast, second I was going up a big hill, third I had just turned onto the street! So when he comes to my window, he says "Ma'am, you were going 52 in a 35!" I really wanted to tell him that "That's crap" but I refrained. I told him his gun was wrong and there was no way I was going that fast. He took my ID and driver's license and came back to the car and said he was just going to give me a warning! Now, I don't know if it had anything to do with Hunter, who was crying in the backseat saying "We're going to jail, I know it, we are going to jail" or Brody yelling "Look at the police lights, I think he is going to pull someone over". Once we were free to go, everyone calmed down in the car. The car wasn't even stopped at the house when the boys jump out to let their dad know what just happened!! Lesson learned, if you are going to get pulled over, have one crying kid in the back and another one clueless as to what is actually happening! Happy New Year to all!!

No comments: