Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spelling Bee


Hunter was in the 3rd grade spelling bee. He did very well. He ended up making it to a fifth place finish. He misspelled the word "rhythm". Of course, he was upset because he really wanted a trophy but has since calmed down. When I got Brody from school, I told him that Hunter was upset and not to mention the spelling be to him. Brody walked in the house, handed him a lollipop and sat down. Hunter asked him what it was for and Brody replied "For doing so well in the spelling bee!" His anger didn't last long, Hunter had a football game that evening.



Hunter's team has been close in all the games but has come up short on the winning end. They finally pulled off a win. They played really well. They had another game on Sat. The game went down to the final minutes but the Jets came up on the short end again. Hunter did score his first touchdown of the season. I had my camera(as usual), he was on the opposite side of the field (always happens when there is a big play) but I was talking so I never got a picture of it!! I did see the TD just wasn't able to capture it on film.





Brody's team tied again (according to Brody) His level doesn't keep score so the coach always tells them that it ended in a tie. Brody plays all the positions. HE was playing quarterback and was able to complete a pass to his teammate. As his teammate ran down the field Brody ran with him. As he passed me, I yelled "Nice throw Brody" He turned,while running, and said "Thanks mom". We have one more game left in football and then soccer will start for the boys.






Joe is approaching the one year mark but he won't be returning home until April. Yes, he will be gone longer than a year but there is nothing that can be done. We will be delaying our trip to China. We were going to go over spring break (second week of April) but Joe would have just gotten home so we will wait till May. For those of you who haven't heard, Joe has chosen Georgetown for school. We will be in the DC area for one year so start planning your trip to DC and you will have a place to stay (I can't guarantee a home cooked meal but I can provide a bed to sleep in)

No comments: