Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Very Generous Brother!!

Brody and his buddy Marcus at the Kindergarten Pilgram Performance
A Family shot after the performance
The boys and I were talking the other day about Hunter's Distance Dare (the swimming he did for 2 hours). I was telling Hunter that I was very proud of him for one, swimming and completing the event and two, writing letters to get pledges. Brody wanted to know what the pledges were for. I explained to him that the money that Hunter collected was going to help pay his way to the Tokyo swim meet in March. Nothing more was said of it in the car. Later in the evening, Brody asked me if I could come to his room. He had a very serious look on his face and I thought something had happened at school. He wanted me to help him open his piggy bank up so he could get something out of it. I asked him what he wanted and he told me that he wanted to give something to Hunter. I helped him open the bank and he sat on the floor and sorted his money. He then pulled out a $20 and asked if he should give that to Hunter to help him swim. I told him that $20 was a very generous gift and if he would like to pledge Hunter that much, he could. He thought for a few minutes and changed the 20 to a dollar and walked into the kitchen and gave it to Hunter!! He was very happy that his name made the pledge sheet along with everyone else!!The cutest pilgram at the performance

No comments: