Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Birthday Weekend at the Galvin"s

Hunter wearing an old football helmet

Brody's team (the team that didn't score as many points as the other team)

It was a busy weekend at the Galvin household last weekend. Hunter turned 8 on Saturday with a party with 12 boys. I now know why I do not give my children parties... too much work, with lots of complaining. I had some kids fill there plate with hot dogs and chips to turn around and throw it away! They tell me that they don't like hot dogs. THEN WHY DID YOU TAKE A PLATE FULL!!! Then the same kids take a cake (everyone got their individual football cake), decorate it and then lick the frosting and throw the cake away. Apparently, they only like frosting! I could have given them a tub of frosting to eat without wasting the cake. Some of the kids had no manners at times and I felt like I was babysitting. I hope that my kids don't act that way at someone else's party.


Overall, it was a good day. There were 12 kids plus Hunter and Brody that played flag football. Of course, my ultra-competitive son was getting mad because some kids were goofing off and not pulling flags. Joe kept reminding him that this was for fun and not everyone knows how to play football. Hunter's response was "Then we shouldn't have invited them!" No more parties for a while for us. He got alot of nice gifts and Brody seemed more excited than Hunter. Hunter would open a gift, Brody would see the corner of the package and Brody would get all excited!!
The winning team!

I didn't get many pictures of the game because my job was to start the grill. Now, when we were in CA, I did all the grilling but we had a gas grill. Here we have charcoal- not as easy to start! Of course, the boys are coming home, wanting to eat and I still have no flame in the grill. So I do what any other Galvin would do, I grab the lighter fluid and "wet" down the coals!! I about lost my eye lashes on that trick but I got a flame and was able to cook the hot dogs.

We stayed home on Sunday (my birthday)and just hung out. Brody kept asking when my party was. Later in the evening we went to a friends for dinner and came home and had German Chocolate Cake. I am the only one who eats it but it is a tradition. We get a month break from birthday's than we have Brody's (Dec. 30th) soccer partyGretchen, thankful she has eyelashes!!

No comments: