Sunday, November 1, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN


It was another rainy night in Okinawa but that didn't stop the boys from trick or treating. We went to church at 5, Brody wanted to wear his costume to church, then came home to change and hit the neighborhood. I went down to a friends house to hand out candy while Joe walked with the boys. In the mass rush to get home and changed, we didn't take any pictures. The boys were invited to a Halloween party the week before so that is what the pictures are from.



Hunter had his first swim meet on Sat. and he did very well. These are his results:
25M Backstroke: 29.14
25M Freestyle: 21.92
25M Kick board: 29.88
50M Freestyle: 48.43
Hunter was able to qualify for the Tokyo Swim Meet (in March) with these times. There are 4 kids per age group and he filled one slot in the 8 and under. So the China trip for spring break will have to wait, we are going to Tokyo in March to swim!!


I ran the Marine Corps Marathon Relay on Sat. The race was rescheduled from last weekend. I was able to run the first leg and then get to the swim meet. Each runner had to run 5.2 miles. I was able to do it in 55:14- which is fast from me. At one point on the course, I was the only one around (there were people behind me but farther away.) I came up to a water station and as the Marine was handing me my water, I told him that I was in first place!! He really didn't know what to say, he just kind of smiled and said "Yes, you are ma'am." He probably thought I was so dehydrated that I didn't know what I was talking about. It was fun and now I can say that I have run a Marine Corps Marathon!!

No comments: