Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy 234th Birthday Marine Corps!


It is that time again where we celebrate birthdays! November starts off with the Marine Corps birthday on Nov. 10th. The 1st MAW (Marine Air Wing) ball was on Nov.
9th this year and I actually remembered my camera. It was fun to get all dressed up. I do believe this is the only time where I can get ready faster than Joe! My friend, Trina, did my hair for the ball. I had to sleep in sponge rollers and then hide in my house the next day until it was time to get it done. Of course, when she is doing my hair it starts to rain! I had so much hairspray in my hair that it wasn't going anywhere. To give you an idea of how much hairspray I had, she did a trial run of the hair on Sat. She put the curlers in Friday night and took them out Sat. am. I drove with the windows down all day, played outside with the boys and my hair didn't move one bit!! It was a fun evening and look forward to doing it again next year!


"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985
Meeghan Ertwine, Joe and Gretchen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY USMC!!! 234th birthday of the MARINE CORP. SEMPER FI .....Do or Die...Holdem' them High in 8th/I! GO DEVIL DOGS!!!
Yes, Joe actually had a drink this evening!

No comments: