Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Stitch in Time....


Let me catch everyone up to date on the excitement in the Galvin household. On Monday night, Joe was packing his bike up to take to the triathlon in CA. He was trying to get the peddle off of his bike to put on another bike. Needless to say, it was on VERY tight. He pull and pull and then I heard mumbling and the light flick on in the bathroom (it was 10:00PM). I go into the bathroom to find Joe pouring water on his wrist and blood just following out of his wrist. As a good Athletic Trainer, the first thing I asked him was if he got blood on the carpet! I looked at it and determined that he should go and get stitches. So I call Jo-Elle (I am really going to miss her when she moves) and she came to sit at the house while we ran to the ER. Our "quick trip" to the ER lasted 5 hours. We arrived back home at 3:30 AM with 5 stitches and still more packing for his trip.


He finally got the peddle off, finished packing and went to bed. He will be competing in England in a half marathon this coming weekend and hopefully will be doing the triathlon in CA the next. He is still waiting to hear the final word on if he is going to the tri so he packed like he was going! I am very tired but was able to get him to the airport, grocery shop, pick up the kids from school and cook dinner, now I think I will go to bed!!


Soccer is finally done. Both boys had their end of the year party and got their trophies. They will be signing up for baseball in June. The end of the school year is coming, lots of field trips to chaperon. I have no new pictures because Joe didn't want a picture of his wrist taken so here are more from Family Fun day!!

No comments: