Thursday, May 28, 2009

Field Trip


Eisa Dancers and Drummers

Hunter with the Ox they use for farming

On Tuesday, Hunter's class went to Ryukyu Mura. It is a place where you can see all the ancient Okinawa villages, pottery factory, and brown sugar factory. There was also some Eisa dancing, a lion dance and the parade of royalty. The place was interesting and short to walk through so that is why the kids enjoyed it. It did start to rain towards the end of the field trip but we were inside by then.


Joe is now in CA getting ready for the Marine Triathlon Championships. He flew there from England where he competed with the All- Marine running team against the Royal Marines. The Royal Marines won this race but will come to the U.S. to compete again in the Marine Corps Marathon. The race in England is only a half marathon. Joe wasn't very pleased with his time, he thought he could do better, but he did run it in 1 hour 20 minutes. Next up for him (once he gets home) is a short triathlon on June 14th.

Mrs. Rawls 1st grade class

We have been getting lots of rain lately. Rainy season is here and typhoon season starts June 1 and ends in Nov. We had a hard rain the other night and I got up in the morning to find worms in my house! The doors on the houses don't have good seals and it was raining so hard and so long that the worms came in the house. My neighbor told me this is normal. Only 5 worms made it in but I had to get them out myself. Everything always happens when Joe is gone (I'm sure a few of you remember the mouse incident when Hunter was a baby!!I know my dad does) Anyway, this time it was just worms!!

No comments: