Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Spirit!






Well, the tree is up and the decorations are out (except for the village) and the boys are counting down the days till Christmas. There is some concern how Santa will get in because we do not have a fireplace. Brody is a little upset that the Advent calendars stop at the 25th of December. He would like to know why it doesn't go to his birthday (the 30th) I tried to tell him that it is only until Christmas but he doesn't want to hear it. So we will continue our Advent Calendar until the 30th of Dec.


We went to the exchange this past week and Santa was sitting there. I told the boys to wave and the elf told them they could go sit on his lap. Hunter got a very serious look on his face while Brody was skipping over to Santa. I asked Hunter what was wrong and he told me that that man is NOT Santa. I said yes it is and he told me that Santa is not black. I turned and looked again and sure enough it was a black man dressed as Santa. I told Hunter to humor me along and just go sit on his lap so Brody wouldn't say anything. They both sat and talked to him but when they told him they wanted a Wii for Christmas, Santa replied " I don't think I can do that." So both boys are upset, Hunter knows this Santa is a fake and Brody is asking us why Santa can't make a Wii in his workshop! I refer him to Joe for that answer. The picture is a picture of a picture so it is not that great.




For those of you in the cold country, I was weeding my flower beds this weekend! No snow to shovel, the boys were in t-shirts (we did wear long pants so it was a little chilly!!!)

No comments: