Saturday, March 27, 2010

Same thing, different day


It is Saturday again, so that means soccer! I would like to be able to tell you about a new adventure in Okinawa but it was a Soccer Saturday. The boys played at different times so I was able to see all of the games without having to leave. Brody was up first and I think they won, 2-1. They don't keep score but the kids do and I think that is what Brody said. He did not score a goal, he had an assist. But if you were to ask Brody, he would tell you this, "I kicked the ball and it went off William's leg so I really scored the goal, he just helped me." That was an exact quote that he gave me after the game. Why rain on his parade? I let him think that he scored!




Hunter's team lost 3-2 but don't tell Hunter. He thought they tied and it is better for everyone to believe that. He wanted to play so bad that he volunteered for goalie. He kicked the ball out on a goal kick and wasn't getting back to the goal fast enough and the other team kicked it in. He did make a nice save on the shot but fell back into the goal with the ball in his hands. He crossed the goal line, so it was a goal for the other team. I was on the side lines wishing for the quarter to end so he could get out of goal. It is not that I don't have the confidence in my son to play the position, it is just that he puts so much pressure on himself that when something goes wrong, he can't forget it and move on, he lingers in what went wrong. The quarter ended and he went back to the field. He was able to score a goal in this game.





We do have games next week but he also have the annual Kishaba Easter Egg Hunt. It is 4 families that get together and celebrate Easter with an egg hunt in the neighborhood. This is the only time my kids like getting up early for church. The fastest we get church done, the faster we can get to the Bourquins house for the party! More on that next week.

Joe is doing fine. We talk about 2x/week. I don't really know what he is doing there, we really don't talk about it- too many things going on back on the home front to take care of!

No comments: