Friday, October 2, 2009

Cassanova

Hunter and Evan (his buddy next door in CA who Hunter desperately wants to go back and see!)

I can't believe it is happening. Our 7 almost 8 year old child has girls coming to the house already!! Today, the door bell rings and I answer it to find 2 girls, giggling, asking if "Hunter can come out and help them". I go and get Hunter, who is playing basketball with a friend, thinking that he will tell the girls he is busy and he can't help them. I'm sure everyone who knows Hunter would assume the same thing. He is playing a sport, something he loves to do, he doesn't have time to be bothered by girls. But, to my surprise, he started putting on his shoes. Thank goodness his friend didn't want to go help so Hunter just talked to them outside then came in to continue the basketball game. No less than 20 minutes later, the doorbell rings, and I find the same 2 girls wanting to know if Hunter's friend had left yet so he could come out and help them. Thank goodness Jordan (his friend) was still here. Apparently, the girls are building something and they need Hunter's help. He is only in 2nd grade. I expected this from Brody but not our quiet, sports minded Hunter! I'm sure his father is very proud right now and I am thinking about sending him to an all boys school. At least they can't call the house. We only have a state side number so for anyone to call us on base, it would be an international long distance number!

No comments: