Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Winding Down


Finally, the end of soccer is coming. Last weekend had Joe and I at different games (different bases for that matter) to watch the kids. I stayed with Hunter and Joe made the trek out to Camp Courtney (30 min. one way) to watch Brody. Hunter's team is very good and have many talented players. They are very discipline and do what the coach tells them. After the game, which they won, the other team accused the coach of hand picking his team and stacking the field. Of course Hunter hears this and turns to ask me if his coach is cheating. At practice on Monday the coach explained that the teams were already formed and all he had to do was pick the group of names he wanted. No one got to hand pick the teams. I think Hunter feels better knowing this because he hasn't said anything since.

Brody played the entire game on Sat. He scored a goal. Actually, the other girl kicked it and it went off Brody's leg and into the goal, so we count that as a goal. On the way home, he asked Joe if they could go to Building 1 (where Joe works) and go work out (there is a mini gym in the basement). I guess all that running around didn't tire him out enough.


I spent 2.5 days power washing the driveway and sidewalk. It was a very long boring process. I did forget to put sunscreen on one day and I am still paying for that. Joe helped a little but once I got into the groove I didn't want to be interrupted. I was ready to quit after only doing a quarter of the driveway but that would have looked really bad. I never want to see a power washer again. I think my hand was stuck in the trigger pull position for awhile. I did take a break on Friday to go and have cocktails with the ladies (AKA "The View" according to Joe - he says all we do is talk about nothing, just like the show). It was a well deserved break.

We have family fun day coming up this weekend, along with 2 more soccer games and one race for Joe. Talk to you next week.

"The View" is (l to r) Trina, Gretchen, Chris, Laurie.
Trina and Laurie have kids in Hunter's class and all of us live within 3 houses of each other. This was taken on Easter Sunday before the egg hunt.

No comments: